Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
This incredible aquatic center was designed to accommodate all four of the aquatic disciplines: swimming, diving, water polo and synchro. It has served as the training facility for a myriad of Olympic-caliber athletes, among them the U.S. Russian and Italian Water Polo Teams, the Spanish Olympic Swim Team and the Canadian Olympic Synchronized Swim Team. The pool measures 25 yards by 50 meters and has the potential for as many 24 short-course swim lanes and eight long-course training lanes. For competitive swimming events, the pool has 22 25-yard racing lanes and eight 50-meter long courses. The pool also boasts two state-of-the-art bulkheads that allow the formation of different competitive courses. These “flow through walls” enhance the wave-dispersing ability of the pool and together with the deep gutter system, combine to form one of the fastest pools in the country.
The pool can also be transformed into an official water polo course at 25 or 30 meters. The aquatic center also can host dive competitions or dive training with its maxiflex “B” boards with duraflex stands, which are the cutting edge in springboard diving.
- Olympic-sized 23 lane pool (50-meter by 25-yard)
- Two one-meter and tow three-meter diving boards
- Moveable bulkhead of short course competitions
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Meeting room (20 ft. x 20 ft.)
- Coach’s office (20 ft. x 20 ft.)
- Colorado timing system with a touch wall
- Competitive fixtures and equipment for swimming, diving and water polo